Can I Change From Tourist Visa To Education Visa In Thailand?

Posted on

If you are here on a tourist visa, it can be a lot of fun! Thailand has so much to offer to tourists and if you’re looking to enjoy the beautiful scenery and culture, then this is the place for you. But what happens if your time abroad is coming to an end and you’re not quite ready to leave yet? That’s when you might consider changing from a tourist visa to an education visa. To do this, there are several factors that need to be taken into account such as whether or not the new country will accept the change, how long it will take for the process, etc. In this article, we’ll cover these key questions so that when you decide whether or not to change from one type of visa to another in Thailand, you can rest easy knowing that it’s going to go along smoothly!

What type of visa do you need to enter Thailand?

If you are a foreign student who is studying in Thailand, you will need an Education Visa. If you are a foreign tourist who is visiting Thailand for less than 30 days, you will only need a Tourist Visa.

How to get a tourist visa

You can apply for a tourist visa in Thailand if you are visiting Thailand for tourism purposes and will not be staying in Thailand for more than 90 days.

To apply for a tourist visa, you must first visit your local immigration office and present your passport, plane ticket, and hotel reservation confirmation. You will also need to provide a letter of invitation from a Thai company or individual that is sponsoring your trip. If you are applying as part of a group, each member of the group must submit an application letter.

If you are approved for a tourist visa, you will be required to provide proof of financial support and travel insurance. You will also be required to sign an entry permit form and pay a fee. After completing these steps, you will receive a visa stamp in your passport.

If you plan to stay in Thailand longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for an extension of your tourist visa. Extensions can be obtained at any immigration office in Thailand. To apply, you must provide evidence that your stay is long-term and that you have completed all the requirements of your original visa. You will also be required to pay an application fee and sign a new entry permit form.

How long is the expiration date I need on my current visa?

If you are currently on a tourist visa, the expiration date is typically six months from the day you entered Thailand. If you are in the process of applying for a new visa, your current visa’s expiration date will be listed on your visa application form.

Can I extend my visa?

Yes, you can extend your visa prior to the expiration date. However, there are some caveats:
-You must first obtain a new visa approval from the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate General in your home country. -You must also present an original copy of your passport and visa extension application form to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate General. -You may be required to pay a processing fee.

What are the requirements to change from a student’s visa to an education visa in Thailand?

To change from a student’s visa to an education visa in Thailand, you must meet the following requirements: You must have completed at least one semester of study at a Thai university or college. Your course of study must be full-time and you must be enrolled in a degree program. You must have a valid passport and visa.

Documents needed for change of embassy.

If you have been living in Thailand on a tourist visa for more than 90 days and want to change to an education visa, you will first need to obtain a Form I-20 from the school you are studying at. You will also need to present your passport with at least six months remaining on your tourist visa, your school’s I-20, and proof of enrollment. If all of these documents are in order, the embassy or consulate will issue you a new visa.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.